There are a couple of things we would like you to know about how we do business and what our terms and conditions are for use of this site, its content and services:
1. We respect your privacy. We do not sell or share our customer list. All inquiries are kept confidential, as is all information you may share with us about yourself. We will obtain your permission in advance before we forward any information about you to third parties.
2. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software or content found on the Internet, and we caution you to make sure that you completely understand the risks before retrieving any software or content on the Internet.
Please Note: Unless specifically noted by each link, Dominion Arts Center may have no direct affiliation with the Web sites linked to and does not necessarily endorse these sites, nor have they endorsed Richmond Dominion Arts Center. The software, links and content found on these sites is not under our control and therefore we cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety or suitability of this material.
3. Almost all the content on this site is protected under copyright laws. If we don't own it, someone else does. If you would like to cite any of this information or re-use it for any purpose other than originally intended, we are happy to give you permission, or help you seek permission for content we do not own, upon receiving an inquiry. In most cases, you will be given clearance to use this content if you acknowledge the source.
and now, a few words from our attorney...
1. Upon notice published on Dominion Arts Center, we reserve the right to modify the Terms and Conditions or the Acceptable Use Guidelines, amplify them, and/or modify the prices of our content and services, as well as discontinue or change the content and services offered. Your continued use of Dominion Arts Center content and services following such notification will be deemed acceptance of the modification.
2. By using this site, or information linked from this site, you understand that Dominion Arts Center cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Service will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Service for the reconstruction of any lost data.
You assume total responsibility and risk for use of the service and the Internet. Dominion Arts Center does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the service, any merchandise, information or service provided through the service or on the Internet generally, and Dominion Arts Center shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Service or on the Internet generally. Dominion Arts Center™ does not warrant that the content or service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the content or service will be corrected. The Service and the software are provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL DOMINION ARTS CENTER™ BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE DOMINION ARTS CENTER™' CONTENT OR SERVICES. DOMINION ARTS CENTER™' ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE AT DOMINION ARTS CENTER™' OPTION. EITHER RETURN OF THE FEES PAID FOR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR REPLACEMENT OF CONTENT AND SERVICES TO YOUR SATISFACTION. However, some jurisdictions may not allow a limitation on liability for negligence that causes death or personal injury, and Dominion Arts Center™ limits its liability in such jurisdiction only to the degree allowed by the applicable laws.
4. You may not use Dominion Arts Center content or services for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Dominion Arts Center reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrong. Activities which are prohibited as potentially illegal include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials including, but not limited to, digitization and distribution of content available on or from Dominion Arts Center.
- Posting or transmitting charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes. Posting or transmitting any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users of the Service for goods for services except in those areas (e.g., a classified bulletin board) that are designated for such purposes.
- Threatening bodily harm or property damage to individuals or groups.
- Making fraudulent offers of products, items, or services originating from Dominion Arts Center or its affiliates accounts.
- Attempting to access the accounts of others set up on Dominion Arts Center™, or attempting to penetrate beyond security measures of our or other systems (referred to as hacking) whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Posting or listing articles which are off-topic according to the description of the group or list or send unsolicited mass e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) Sitemapers, if such unsolicited mailings provoke complaints from any of the recipients.
- Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through Dominion Arts Center™ services.
- Distributing viruses to or from Dominion Arts Center systems.
- Disrupting any Dominion Arts Center newsgroup, chat room or discussion group with frivolous, excessively vulgar or repetitious postings.
- Posting or transmitting any message anonymously or under a false name.
- Posting or transmitting any message which is libelous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
- Posting or transmitting any message, data, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic.
- Interfering with other users' use of the Service.
- Posting or transmitting any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive or hateful. It is not the Service's intent to discourage you from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, Dominion Arts Center reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in cases where the Service is used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful.